A pioneer in mental health care for children
- About Bradley Hospital
- For Parents and Caregivers
- Our Centers & Services
- Our Locations
- Parenting Matters
- Bradley Hospital Social Work Series
- Giving to Bradley Hospital
- Featured Stories
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
For Parents and Caregivers
Bradley Hospital is dedicated to patient- and family-centered mental health care. Parents, siblings and other loved ones of our young patients are participants in their care, helping Bradley staff better understand each child’s needs and supporting them during treatment.
Comprehensive Family Services
Whether you are considering seeking our help or your child is already a patient, facing a mental health concern is a very stressful and, at times, traumatic experience. We are here to help you understand what your child is experiencing and how we can work to help your son or daughter.
Services we offer parents include:
- Compassionate one-on-one consultations from our clinical staff
- Emergency and urgent evaluations at our Access Center
- Dedicated family advocacy from our family liaison, who helps families understand and navigate the health care system
- Useful and important suggestions about education programs for your child
- Advice regarding accessing community resources
- Coordination of family support groups
- The Family Advisory Council, which strives to improve understanding and communication between the hospital staff and the family members they serve
Supporting the Community
Bradley Hospital is proud to be a resource for families in need of professional mental health care or who are looking for guidance regarding common emotional and social issues children and adolescents face. Our web site contains a library of articles, fact sheets, and videos that cover the spectrum of conditions and behaviors, ranging from improving communication with your child to managing anger. The Parenting Matters Minute video series, along with many of the educational resources we provide, is authored by staff of Bradley Hospital, a national leader in the treatment and research of child and adolescent mental health.
Throughout the year, Bradley also offers numerous events and conferences open to the public, including our annual Parenting Matters conference and our Speaking of Kids program. Learn more about our events.
Let Us Be Your Guide
The Rhode Island Parents' Guide to Children's Mental Health is packed with easy-to-read information for parents. The guide was produced in partnership with the Rhode Island Department of Health and Hasbro, Inc.